- The 6.5-m MUltiplexed Survey Telescope (MUST) is an ambitious spectroscopic survey telescope led by Tsinghua University. When seeing its first light in 2029, MUST will carry out exciting projects such as the Stage-V spectroscopic cosmology survey, next-generation extragalactic & galactic surveys, and many more.
- We now invite candidates to apply for a postdoctoral fellow position at Tsinghua to work on scientific topics that are potentially related to MUST.
The successful candidate will:
- 1.have the opportunity to work as an independent research fellow on exciting scientific topics related to spectroscopic surveys (e.g., DESI, PFS);
- 2.work with a highly motivated and interdisciplinary team of astronomers and engineers to design the next-gen spectroscopic survey facility. We strongly encourage applicants with a strong background in observational cosmology, extragalactic & galactic science, and time-domain astrophysics.
- We strongly encourage applicants with a strong background in observational cosmology, extragalactic & galactic science, and time-domain astrophysics. In particular, we also see the experience of working on essential aspects (scientific preparation, data management, software development) of spectroscopic surveys or other large astronomy projects as additional strength. Through their contribution to the early development of the project, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to design & lead a MUST survey project and gain data rights.
- 1.Conducting independent research on topics related to the MUST project.
- 2.Communicating research results through publications and presentations at international conferences.
- 3.Collaborating with the MUST team on designing the scientific goals & requirements of the MUST surveys.
- •A Ph.D. in Astronomy, Physics, or a related field.
- •Strong background in observational astrophysics and data analysis.
- •Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
The appointment will initially be for two years, with the possibility of renewal for up to three additional years, subject to satisfactory performance. Tsinghua will offer successful candidates an internationally competitive salary and subsidized housing on campus.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, publication list, and at least three letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
For more information on MUST, please visit must.tsinghua.edu.cn or contact Song Huang using firstname.lastname@example.org.